Audition America

Issue not resolved
Apr 14, 2012
review #312123

The company make tours in several cities promising the opportunity to land a job with their clients such as (Calvin Klein, Target, etc.).They ask you to come to a preaudition in which they tell you at the end that you must have a portfolio in order to be considered for their remaining final audition.

The fee $150 for each shot in their photoshoot session. The pictures are just ok, not that professional! They give you a T-shirt, bag and a book to go home.

When you come for the final audition, this is a total joke!A scam!

c131265
Had an experience with Audition America?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Rose

Jun 09 Mankato, Minnesota

I strongly disagree I was head intern for a summer 2 years ago and we did our *** best to make sure everyone has the best experience we can give them I had 10 hour shifts Mon- Sat and I worked my *** off in heels. We worked to give you hope for a career. You're welcome.

Anna

Mar 14

So ppl been posting for a couple of years now has anyone said they have booked any jobs yet from the casting board yet, is the ? U should b asking we all how it starts off every saying the same thing but how many ppl actually have booked jobs from the casting board yet ,? That should tell u because someone from the past year should have been back here and comment on how secrssful it was so we would no by now right..... hello!!!!!
Northern California.

mordred

Mar 07 Malden, Massachusetts

i went recently to a audition in my mall and yes they ask you to pay 150 dollars but guess what the fact is that getting the 150 out of the spot the opportunity and the experience in the auditions are speech less and another think audition america is asking for money but there is other talent program that do not ask for money but they take you away from your family for a long time with the dream that you can be a star and you invest in clouth and everything that you have to use to go there and be a star like they make you think then after a few they just send you back home with a broken heart and a lost dream. This is not about money this is about how you sell yourself thinked has a job interview if you dont pass the interview guess again you dont have the job

shouldaseenitcoming

Sep 22, 2013 Reseda, California

A few weeks ago Me and the family ssaw a kiosk at the mall and sign our daughter up and us oo for the *** of it right so I get a call yesterday and they give us the appt so Just went to one today at the NORTHRIDGE MALL IN CALIFORNIA...same thing,,walk the catwalk with my 16month...said they loved her for print, convinced me about how I was in a competition and how I needed to secure my "SPOT" by paying in total or payments to the tune of $297.00, these gentlemen "MATT" and "JOE" basically convinced me using "emotional" selling tactics using my daughter and using the usual skill of theatrics..amyways..had that gut feeling paying 50 bucks to start which they explain later is NON REFUNDABLE..so now I'm having second thoughts..?..I paid with Credit Card so I think I could have the charge reversed..

havedonemyresearch

Jul 22, 2013 Englewood, Colorado

Please all of you parents please go to www.bizparentz.com..they have very useful info about how to get into the business, and about scams..this is one of the scams..this site is free the admins are parents of show biz kids themselves...

Mo

Jun 28, 2013 Orlando, Florida

Its not a scam at all. You pay for portfolio pictures that do come in handy later if you win the contract (which I have won) and you pay 50$ to enter the contest. After you win, you pay 150 for basically 150 business cards that are needed for auditions. They are talent scouts, not an agency. So when you win the contract, you are offered jobs exclusively for contest winners and such but you still have to audition for each job.

pittaok

Jun 20, 2013 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

funny how people are scammed everyday with the hope their kid will get a modeling job. If you won something, you should be paying anything. This company makes their money from you by paying for a portfolio. Reading the comments on here proves their is a sucker born every minute.

orlando

May 23, 2013 Orlando, Florida

I entered my very adorable 2 year old who has a Mohawk an after the audition they said yes to they good looking an the fun to watch the fat short or not fun to watch they did say no so This is just a TALENT SCOUT not an agency so remember that after you make your portfolio you can go where ever you want

May 09, 2013

What is 100 for photo shoot that u can keep n another 150 for 150 casting cards with ur angency logo on them for u to access the casting board where u have access to land a job it will b worth it for one year. N think u just have to take the time to book auditions n unless u do that u don't no that its a scam. Everyone talking negative has not went threw the whole process yet try it what do u have to loose really!!!!!!

Winner too

May 09, 2013

Fist off there not charging anything but for u to take pics u have to do that no matter what! Then when u get chosen they do assigned u with a agent if ur a winner n that's the model shop. When u get ur cards done then u get acces to the web page that is not for the public n u have to do the footwork to land a job or at least to b able to audition for how eles would u have an opportunity to audition well they give u the casting board u have access to look n follow up. N that's where I am now with this. It takes time iu have the time.

crazyinlove11

Mar 22, 2013

u probably just didn't get called or make it to the finals

gaby

Feb 08, 2013 Hickory, North Carolina

my daughter got a contract and it says you have to go to castings to get jobs, people need to realize that if they want kids to be models they need to invest in pictures, resumes etc. is just like a regular job you have to go and find the jobs for your child, The model shop is a help to you so you know where to go and what to do. quit complaining if you dont have the money to become a model or have the time to go to castings you will NEVER be a model.

OmStyles

Jan 30, 2013 Victorville, California

I passed the first round. but low on maney and not sure if its scam or not. i wanna do this but its not garenteed i will get any jobs from this. I need to find a good way to earn money soon. i need to page for college books and get a car. so if this is a scam i need to know in the next few hours. it 1 and i have the photo shoot at 3 today. i need help please

gaby

Feb 08, 2013 Hickory, North Carolina

you will need more money after the photo shoot for resume cards is 150 for 150 cards and that is what you give out in castings but that is all then you are good to just go castings :grin

momager2012

Jun 29, 2013 Little Rock, Arkansas

Hi Gabby, I am a mother of a contest winner and we to have and are going through this process and I will tell you this...everyones opinions and experiences are different. I think as myself in the beginning most ppl think once signed up it's automatic placement, but it doesn't work that way. The Model Shop open doors to casting calls that most ppl dont have access to. It's up to us at that point to do the foot work. And you get out what you put in and they are paying attention to who's hungry or not. But it doesn't happen overnight. Never have never will ask any star. So my advice is go to as many calls as you can, and work it. In the mean time find other means of finances until your big break comes and don't get discouraged. Remember there are lots of haters and sharks out here. So good luck! :)

purecom

Jan 08, 2013 Apple Valley, California

I went to an "Audition" today and i'm not sure if its a scam or not. the people seemed really nice and a few people who happened to be there said it was legit, because their children had been apart of it and one was successful. i have read in most comments that everyone had gotten through but i noticed today that out of maybe 50 people that audition only like half maybe a little more actually got through. i saw one little girl walking away crying. i'll be going to the photo shoot tomorrow after that then i'll know if its a scam or not.

alright

Jan 02, 2013

you're not going to walk in anywhere and be awarded with movies and tv show auditions without a pay. if you keep going you receive a user name with a password, a whole profile on gomodelshop.com and the chance to be looked at by agents. your contract lasts for a year. it was a nice experience to walk the runway!

Angry

Dec 03, 2012

This company is a FRAUD, a complete SHAM. I auditioned and got the contract with little to no effort, and now that they have gotten 500 dollars out of me I can't gain ANY contact with them. Your best bet to gettin in the business is finding and researching honest company's that is licensed .

Rachel Morris

Nov 30, 2012

We just went to our local mall "audition" and were asked to pay $300 up front. When I stated I could not/did not want to pay an exorbitant amount up front, I was told by the "scout" that he would sponsor and I only needed to pay $60 for my 4 yr. old son to come back and have a photo shoot. I did so, and am going to see what happens. If nothing else, at least my son will have his very first "photo shoot" and his portfolio can be sent to our local talent agency. It could also be a keepsake for many years to come. They seem nice at Audition America, but I do not have much faith after they mispronounced "Les Miserables" when they were blatantly stating the names of every open casting call listed which I already knew about. I am going along with it however because you get 60 pictures for $297 which is about the same price at even your local J.C. Penney so you are getting a good deal on pictures, if nothing else.

1-20 of 63 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Audition America.
Filing a new complaint about
×